Sunday, July 26, 2009

All Around Me Are Familiar Places/Faces...

I always like to walk on empty streets. Don’t ask me why. I just like to feel like I’m the only one alive and feel the wind pass me by and at the same time look at the street lights wasting their energy, trying to brighten my love for natural darkness.
Sometimes I ask myself if there was some way to look at these streets in black and white. Colors seem pointless at this hour. I wonder. London is so calm at night.

What would happen if everything suddenly stops? What if it really happened? I wonder. I just love these empty streets at night.

I kept going forward. While I was walking I noticed a table and two chairs in front of an open cafe. “The world hasn’t stopped yet,” I said to myself. The café was open, but I there was nobody there. From out of nowhere I felt the urge to sit there.

As soon as I sat there a girl appeared. I will assume she came from inside the café.

“How can I help you?” She said, smiling.

I looked at her. She looked innocent. Her eyes were so beautiful I even wondered if she was from this world.

“I would like a cup of tea, please,” I said smiling back at her. Just like that the girl just disappeared.  That’s when I realized she didn’t exist. The world did stop and I didn’t notice. I woke up. It's a mad world...



...And that, folks, was my homework. Thanks for reading it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment